It’s possible to win free stuff online. These can be free restaurant coupons, product giveaways, free household stuff, and even free electronic products. The process is usually pretty simple — put in your address information and click submit.
We’ve done our best to give a list of free LEGIT giveaways (products, items, discounts) that are especially suitable for families, children, and single mothers.
Free Stuff for Single Mothers
Being a single mother can be a challenging task with many expenses to constantly manage. As a single mother, you really appreciate any sort of free items or services as it can go a long way in helping you out. This article will outline the best free stuff you can get for you and your children.
Free Household Items
You can get a wide variety of free household items and products through a neat website called Freecycle. Basically, Freecycle allows you to input requests for items you or your child might need, and list things you want to get rid of. Once you find an item you need, simply meet up with the individual giving the item away. Sign up a Freecycle.org and choose your location and you will be all set. Log in and look for things people are giving away for free that you can really use. Some of the items you can find on Freecycle include:
- kid’s clothes
- baby equipment such as strollers, cribs etc.
- sporting goods
This site can be really useful and save you some good money over time. Check out Freecycle.org to get started.
Furthermore, another very useful site that will send you free stuff is a website called Influenster. You will receive a box regular sized products called the Influenster Vox Box that you will have to review, and you get to keep the items that are in the box. The products in the box will vary, however you the boxes will contain many items such as:
- makeup/skin care products
- laundry detergents/house cleaning products
- healthy snacks
This program is a hidden gem that not many know about and it is completely free, all you have to do is sign up and enter your email. To learn more check out their website at Influenster.com.
Free Financial Software
Being a single parent means you will have a lot of money managing to do, sorting where all your expenses are going. Well, to make this process easier you can use free money management software called Mint at Mint.com. This free online software program will create organized budgets and charts by using information from your financial accounts over a secure server.
Not only is Mint free, it can save you money as well, as you can see a snapshot of where your money is going and how to save extra cash along the way.
Free/Low Cost Phone Service
Free or discounted phone services are available to low income families including single mothers throughout the United States. These services are offered through many different programs as outline below:
- SafeLink Wireless: Recipients will receive a free cell phone and free monthly calling minutes each month. To get started simply enter you Zip Code at the SafeLinkWireless website.
- LifeLine/Link Up Service
- LifeLine and Link UP will provide discounted telephone lines to single mothers that will save them $10 to $15 per month on their landline phone bill, and will pay up to $30 of your landline start up fees. To learn more visit the LinkUp website.
- Assurance Wireless: Assurance Wireless will provide low income single mothers with a free cell phone and a whopping 200 monthly calling minutes. The service is only available in select states. To learn more visit the Assurance Wireless website.
You can get free clothes for your children no matter what age they are. The following services offer free clothes to children:
Care2Kids: This service allows you to find free clothes that other families no longer need for their children. To use this service, sign up at Care2Kids.org and the site will link you with families in your area that are giving away free clothes.
Salvation Army: If you are of low income there are many Salvation Army locations throughout the United States. You can receive free or very low cost clothes for you children including winter coats, school outfits and more.
Single Parents Alliance of America (SPAOA): The SPAOA is a nonprofit organization that offers free support and services to assist single mothers. You can receive free and discounted clothes and other items needed for your children. You will also receive emails with free product offers and samples. To learn more and to sign up, visit the SPAOA website.
Many companies will offer free samples to single mothers which can be really beneficial. If you take advantage of many different free samples, it will really add up and save you money.
A very popular site that offers free samples can be found at freebies.About.com. This website is updated daily with new sites that are offer free products and samples.
Be sure to bookmark and visit moneysavingmom.com on a regular basis. This website provides a variety of free samples and giveaways as well as coupons and specials. This site even offers free e-books for you to read on your spare time. You can also find cool things such as a grocery list organizer to help you budget your grocery spending.
Free Movie Rentals
You can receive free movie rentals using RedBox. To get free rentals you will need promotional codes that will be sent to you via text or email. Some of the promotional codes are as follows:
- Text MOVIE, MOVIENIGHT, MOVIE TIME or DEAL to 727272 and you will receive a promotion code sent back to you via text that can be redeemed for a free DVD rental.
- While at a RedBox machine, enter the following promotional codes that will offer more free rentals and discounts; REDBOX, DVDONME, BREAKROOM.
Kids Eat Free Restaurants
There are many restaurants that have special designated days that allow kids to eat for free. Each restaurant will have different rules and specification that you should be aware of that includes:
- Age Limits: Many times there will be an age limit for children. Many times the free meals will apply for children aged 12 and under.
- Designated Time: You will have to be at the restaurant during dinner hours, usually ranging from 4pm to 7pm.
- Drinks Not Included: Be sure to verify if the drinks are free, some restaurants will not include the drinks with the free dinner.
Many of the popular restaurant chains will offer free meals for kids. Some of the restaurants that offer the free meals include:
- Buffalo wild Wings
- Texas Roadhouse
- TGI Fridays
- TGI Fridays
- Pizza Hut
Read our Kids Eat Free guide for a more expanded list.
More Free Resources
We’ve cooked up some more ‘Free Guides’ on our site you might want to look at:
- Make sure you also check out our Free Stuff for Moms article which also details some free items you can find around the web (or discounts) if you know where to look and what to sign up for.
- Also look at our Kids Eat Free list of restaurants
- Free Legal Help
- Free Food
- Free Christmas Gifts
- Free Pregnancy & Baby Items for Expecting Mothers
If you know of any LEGIT free items, please share them in the comment section for other readers!