Free Legal Assistance in Indiana

Indiana Legal Services helps low-income families around the state to get the help and answers they’re looking for. Use their search page to find someone to help you. You can search by topic, or look for someone in your city who offers free services. ILS also has a library of informational brochures in English and Spanish that you can download and read to get answers to some of your questions. Click here to find information on the topic you’re worried about.

  • Billie Kidd

    Forgive me I am new to this. My Ex-husband and I have joint legal custody with me being the primary physical custodian. They moved and I have no idea where. My son says he is living with his father but I do not agree. Tonight I run into my son at a skate park and try to make him go home with me. He refused. Cops told him to come home with me or go to jail. He is 15. The cops tell me they are arresting my son for disorderly conduct. I am freaking out calling the juvenile detention center. They keep telling me that they do not have my son. I call the police department asking where my child is and they say they released him to his father. Do I have a legal leg to stand on? Indianapolis Indiana.